Wisdom Teeth Removal Cost in Brooklyn, NY
Friends Family Dental and Orthodontics offer professional wisdom teeth removal services with post removal take care. For more information call us or schedule an appointment online! We serve patients from Brooklyn, NY and surrounding areas.
Table of Contents:
When would you need to get your wisdom teeth removed?
Why does wisdom teeth removal cost so much?
How much does wisdom teeth removal cost with insurance?
How much does it cost to have wisdom teeth removed without insurance?
Removing wisdom teeth may seem like a burdensome expense, but it is often worth it when they start causing problems. To learn more about the reasons for wisdom teeth removal and the cost ranges, keep reading below!
While many people need wisdom tooth removal, it is not always necessary to have them removed. Dentists only recommend wisdom tooth removal when your wisdom teeth are not coming through properly. When your wisdom teeth work as they should, they erupt fully, help you chew, and are positioned correctly so that they are aligned with your opposing teeth. They are also spaced to allow you to easily clean between the wisdom teeth and those surrounding it.
When your wisdom teeth do not come through properly, they can cause several problems. Some of these problems include:
– Impacted wisdom teeth: Your wisdom teeth are impacted if they are trapped within your jaw. As they are trapped therein, they may push against nearby teeth and damage their roots. The impacted wisdom teeth may also cause cysts to form on the nearby teeth roots and supporting jawbone. Such cysts can lead to infection.
– Partial eruption: If a wisdom tooth is partially impacted, some of the wisdom tooth may still erupt. When this happens, it creates a flap of gum tissue that rests over the tooth. Food particles can get trapped underneath this flap of gum tissue, causing bacteria to grow and infection to set in. If the infection is left untreated, it can increase your risk of gum disease.
– Swollen gums: Whether your wisdom teeth are trying to push through your gums or an infection has set in, your gums will likely be swollen and tender if your wisdom teeth are not coming through properly.
– Jaw stiffness: Impacted wisdom teeth put pressure on nearby teeth. This pressure can cause soreness and stiffness in your jawbone.
– Sinus issues: You may experience sinus issues when your upper wisdom teeth come through. The roots of your upper wisdom teeth may cause congestion, pain and pressure in your sinuses.
– Difficulty eating: If your wisdom teeth are putting pressure on your surrounding teeth, it can cause alignment issues that interfere with your bite and make eating somewhat difficult, causing pain when you chew or bite down.
– Bad breath: If infection sets in due to a cyst or partial eruption, you will likely experience bad breath and an unpleasant taste in your mouth.
Wisdom tooth removal cost depends on how intensive the extraction is. If the wisdom tooth has already fully erupted from the gums in an easily accessible place, the extraction will be straightforward, and the cost of wisdom teeth removal will be minimal. This type of wisdom tooth removal is called a simple extraction.
However, if it is partially erupted, the dentist will need to cut into the gums and perform a surgical extraction. Due to the extra time, labor and expertise, surgical extractions are more expensive than simple extractions. The price increases further if the wisdom tooth is fully trapped in the jawbone, as the surgical extraction will be more extensive.
The cost of wisdom teeth removal with insurance depends on how much your insurance plan covers. To find this out, you’ll need to contact your insurance provider directly or revisit your plan information sheet.
Wisdom teeth removal will cost more without insurance. However, that price varies according to several different factors. These factors include:
– How many wisdom teeth you are getting removed
– The location of the clinic and average prices in the region
– Whether the procedure will involve a simple or surgical extraction
For an estimated price range, you can always call your dental clinic directly to find out how much your wisdom tooth removal will likely cost. We serve patients from Brooklyn NY, Manhattan NY, Bronx NY, Hoboken NJ, West New York NJ, and surrounding areas.